Tuesday, October 7, 2014

Group project

I am sitting in a garden contemplating my life while on leave. Kat, Tjaden, Albert, Westhus, and Mueller are dead with me, Paul being the only one alive. I am thinking about the rumor of the Armistice and am conflicted on how to feel because on one end the war will be over and I will be able to go home to my family and live in peace, but on the other hand I am unable to free myself from the soldier inside me who only knows war and can do nothing else. I feel that if I return home I will come home with a broken will and be hopeless to accomplish anything. Paul is developing greatly in this chapter because he has come to realize that the only ones who understand him will be his generation because they are the ones that fought in the war. The older generations will just act like they know what he is going through or say he needs to man up while the younger generation will just be beguiled to the devastations of war.

No comments:

Post a Comment